Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Track 10 - Back At It

Its a different day and a different story. That's what makes life worth living. Can you imagine a life that everyday is the same? No thank you. Yes I love Groundhog's Day as much as the next man but that is the best Hollywood could do to romanticize the idea. For most of us, it would be terminally boring.


I am in a ballroom in Allentown, PA working. Some people take working for granted. I don't. I have a new appreciation of the daily grind. Working for the man has never been more fulfilling. Here's the explanation. I have never been fired from a job. O contraire, I exceed expectations of my employers. How is it, that at 32 years old, I have been laid off not once but twice?! Those unfortunate events may reek havoc on some individuals confidence. Not mine, I have an eternal optimist. I believe that I will always land on my feet. In fact, the day I was laid off most recently, I took off on a two week road trip. No job searching, networking or resume touch ups. Instead, it was open road and familiar faces.

Today, as I sit at work bored like many of you on a work day waiting for the clock on the wall to free me from employed incarceration, I have a half smile on my face because it feels good to be employed. Paychecks will be flowing weekly and my frequent flyer miles will continue to grow. I am happy that my public life and societal contributions firmed up. The draw back, my personal/social life once again takes a back seat. How will this affect my search for "her". We will see. I'll keep ya posted.

2 comments: