Thursday, September 22, 2011

Track 11 - Fair Games

Imagine sitting in hotel ballroom after hotel ballroom listening to the same four hour presentation over and over. It sounds exciting doesn't it. I will attach the sign up sheet so you can get on board with this. It's an opportunity that you don't want to miss. During the days, there are multiple hours of sitting at the sales table waiting for the sales break. That's when my ADHA kicks in and I begin thinking of ways to past the time other than the normal internet surfing, texting, and facebooking. Last night I came up with the best game yet. Here is what I saw:


I have always loved carnival games. I used to get so excited to go to the state fair because I wanted to play the midway games. My favorites were the spray the clown in the mouth and race to the top and the Kentucky Derby ball game. It didn't matter that the games were completely rigged in favor of the house and that I was paying $25 for 70 cents worth of fabric and sawdust. I think like a winner and I knew I'd win... eventually. When I saw the tray of glasses all I thought was glass bottles and little rings. Just gotta get one ringer and the giant panda would be going home with me! I approached my two fellow sales guys and pitched the challenge. Each player would attempt to land a fruit snack in one of the glasses from across the room. The last player to make one had to drink the remnants of the "winning" glasses. Yes, I know, that is disgusting. But if you are worried about that, you are thinking with a losers mentality and as a winner, I really wanted to see one of my cohorts drink backwash of strange seminar attendees.

Just as believed, I did not lose. Mike was the sad sap that had to drink two half-full (hope you caught the optimistic insert) cups. These were the two he drew. An empty coffee cup and a water glass.


I think I threw up in my mouth and passed out due to oxygen deprivation from laughing so hard. The food for thought from this blog post is to think like a winner. That's the secret.




No comments:

Post a Comment